Should I hire a string quartet or a string trio?
We will always recommend to hire a string quartet if your budget allows. Our string quartet consists of two violins, a viola and double bass, which allows for a fuller sound and richer harmonies. However, we can also cater for a string trio, which consists of two violins and double bass.
What is the difference between a cello and double bass?
The double bass is a larger and therefore a lower sounding instrument. This provides a stronger bass foundation to the overall sound to the quartet; however, we can always opt out the double bass for a cello if you would prefer (in either quartet or trio formation).
Do you only play classical music?
Not at all! We also have a full list of pop music which you can find on our REPERTOIRE page. We also accomodate requests.
When do I need music for my wedding ceremony?
We usually suggest the following (although not every ceremony is the same so we can also cater for additional moments such as Communion):
- BACKGROUND – around 10-15 minutes of music as the guests arrive before the ceremony begins
- ENTRANCE – one song for the entrance of the bride
- SIGNING OF THE REGISTRY – one or two songs depending on how many people need to sign/if photos are being taken
- EXIT – one song for your grand exit, although we will usually play until every has left (the building)
- BACKGROUND – optional for if you want to have music whilst congratulations are in process
Do you play outside of Perth?
We sure do! We love a good road trip. For all locations at least one hour outside of the Perth CBD, there is a travel fee of $30 per musician (x2 for a round trip), and an additional petrol fee.
I have further questions / How do I proceed with a booking?
We’re always happy to answer any questions you may have! You can contact us through the CONTACT page.